Pages

Friday 21 July 2017

Day 7, Bonus Activity

After a long soak in the natural hot pools, it is time to get back home. Your family and friends can’t wait to see you and they can’t wait to hear all about your adventures. Take a moment to think about what you have seen and done over the past week.
On your blog, post a video or write a description about your week. What have you learned? What did you like about the trip? What didn’t you like? Was there anything that surprised you?
Winter Learning Journey 2017.  I have to admit when my parents said they were going to make me do the Winter Learning Journey, I was not happy.  It’s the school holidays!  I really wasn’t looking forward to doing any “school work” over the holidays.  My parents thought that it would be good for me to participate because I have a love-hate relationship with writing.  My parents promised that they would help to achieve learning journey activities.  
Reluctantly, I began the learning journey expecting that my parents would just forget about it.  You see we don’t have the internet at home, and we have to go to the local library or to my dad’s work and use the WIFI there.  I knew that my parents were helping out at my brother’s rugby school holiday program, so I wouldn’t have to do anything.  Yeah right!
My parents had actually read a lot about the weekly activities for the Winter Learning Journey and had planned for us to do things in and around Auckland.  In my video you will see that we actually visited a few places in Auckland, and tried to make paper mache ”Moa Eggs”, that didn’t really work out.  We are going to SkyTower this Sunday for my brother’s birthday, and we have a few more places to visit planned for this term.

What did I learn?
I want to go to Owhango to visit the Blue Duck Station
Having my family help me makes it FUN and less like schoolwork
New Zealand is an amazing country, and I get to live here
We all need to do our part to keep Aotearoa clean and beautiful

What did I like about the trip?
I got to visit places in New Zealand that I haven’t visited before, but am excited about visiting.
I liked seeing other people's learning about other endangered native wild-life
It didn’t cost a lot of money to visit the South Island
Was there anything that surprised you?
The Winter Learning Journey has been an experience that I have loved being a part of.  I was surprised how involved I became.

A huge THANK YOU to Rachel and the team for working really hard to put this all together.  I know it has helped me with my reading and writing.  But most importantly, my family have spent time together doing things we wouldn’t normally do.  We made some great memories and plans to make more.

Nga mihi aroha ki a koutou, ka kite ano...Na Olivia

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Olivia,

    The Winter Learning Journey was a really fun experience. Good to see that you have learnt a lot of amazing things from the Winter Learning Journey. I loved this blog post!

    Amelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Olivia,

    I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the Winter Learning Journey programme. We absolutely loved having you as a participant. Both Nicky and I read your posts and we really enjoyed them!! I will post comments on your activities throughout the next few days.

    In the meantime, I am really looking forward to seeing you tomorrow when I come into Pt England to hand out the certificates and prizes for the Winter Learning Journey programme.

    See you tomorrow!!

    Warmest regards
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete